Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the package in water with salt. Drain using a colander. Let the butter melt over low heat until it no longer fizzes. Stir in the paprika powder and flour and cook for a minute. Add the 8 oz. of milk and stir it with a whisk to bind and make a smooth sauce. Let it boil for a short while and turn the heat down.
1. Stir in the Old Amsterdam Aged Gouda cheese with a spatula until it is almost melted. Mix in the macaroni and add salt and pepper if you wish. Put everything in a small bowl and let cool completely in a few hours. Cover with plastic wrap.
2. With wet hands, form balls the size of a large bitterballen or large golf ball.
3. Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan to 350°F. If you put a piece of bread in the oil and it immediately fizzles, then the oil is hot enough.
4. Prepare 3 dishes. 1 with flour (the second amount of flour in the ingredient list – 4 oz.), 1 with the 2 beaten eggs and 1 with the breadcrumbs. Roll the “mac and cheese” bites, in succession, first in the flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs. Do this in batches of about 5-6 at a time.
5. Fry them for about 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown and drain on kitchen paper.
Serve them with ‘Old burger’ sauce:
4 tablespoons of mayonnaise mixed with 2 teaspoons spicy paprika power and 2 tbsp of grated Old Amsterdam Aged Gouda to garnish/dip.
This website uses own cookies and third-party cookies to carry out analyses for statistical or advertising purposes, including the display of personalised advertisements based on your visit to the website . Click here for more information.