Old Salad” with roasted fennel, honey mustard vinaigrette and pomegranate seeds
With its roasted fennel, crunchy walnuts and sunflower seeds, fresh and tangy pomegranate seeds and let’s not forget the star of the old salad – our Old Amsterdam Aged Gouda – this salad is sure to make your mouth water!
- 7 oz. of Old Amsterdam in small cubes
- ½ cup of baby spinach
- 4 tbsp honey mustard vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds and walnuts (roasted)
- 1 fennel bulb cut into pieces
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce cut up
- Olive oil
- Half a bunch of radishes with greens cut into slices with greens
- Pomegranate seeds from half a pomegranate
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Remove the stems and leaves from the fennel (you can sprinkle the leaves on top of the salad later). Halve the fennel, cut out the stem insert at the bottom and cut the fennel into pieces. Spread the fennel parts on a baking sheet, sprinkle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until crispy in the oven for about 15 minutes. Cut and wash the lettuces. Divide the lettuces (Romaine and Spinach) on the plates. Divide the sliced radishes, fennel and Old Amsterdam Aged Gouda Cheese cubes and assemble over onto the plates. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and sprinkle the pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds and walnuts over the top!