Crostini with Caramelized Brussels Sprouts, Mushrooms and Old Amsterdam
- 1 organic baguette
- 150 grams of Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 250 – 300 grams of shiitake (mushrooms)
- Old Amsterdam Classic or Mild
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh rosemary and thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the baguette into diagonal slices of approximately 0.5 – 1 cm thick.
- Toast the slices of baguette on a baking tray in the oven for a few minutes until it is light brown in color.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts into quarters. Blanch briefly in boiling water and then fry the Brussels sprouts in a frying pan with butter and honey until they caramelize. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the shiitake into smaller pieces and fry for about 5 minutes until brown. Season with salt and pepper and then let cool briefly.
- Mix the shiitake with the Brussels sprouts and then spread a small amount on the baked baguettes (crostinis). Place a slice of Old Amsterdam on top. Spread some more of the shiitake and Brussels sprouts mixture on top and finish with some more Old Amsterdam.
- Place the crostinis on a baking tray in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted.
- Serve the crostinis on a board and garnish with some pomegranate seeds, fresh rosemary and thyme.
They are great as a snack or appetizer. Enjoy!
Tip: You can prepare the mixture of Brussels sprouts and shiitake ahead of time.